Posted by Laura on Nov 01, 2018 in Business, Marketing, Careers, & Nonprofit Administration, Personal Development & Communication, Special Opportunities
Small talk isn’t a little thing…it’s actually a great way to make connection and share with other.
But, is making small talk a challenge for you? Do you hate walking into a room of strangers and prefer to avoid networking events and parties? There is a way to turn dreaded events into opportunities for enjoyment and connection. Master the Fine Art of Small Talk! This class is a fun, interactive, low-pressure opportunity to learn invaluable small talk skills that you can put to work immediately. You’ll learn how to start conversations, keep them going, and exit them with grace.
Who is Debra Fine?
Debra Fine, a former engineer, is now a keynote speaker and best-selling author presenting to Fortune 500 organizations and institutions around the world. Her best-selling book, The Fine Art of Small Talk How to Start a Conversation, Keep It Going, Build Networking Skills and Leave a Positive Impression (Hachette) was joined by her latest book in the Fine Art series: Beyond Texting: The Fine Art of Face-to-Face Communication for Teenagers (Canon).
Over the many years Debra Fine has been offering this class at CFU, we’ve heard nothing but praise for how helpful and enjoyable the class is. Participants rave that in just 2 1/2 hours they get a whole new perspective and get down-to-earth practical skills to navigate social situations effectively and happily.
Join Debra for her class on November 15, 2018 and become a small talk survivor!
See what folks are saying about Small Talk
Participants in Debra’s previous workshops have told us?
- -“Debra is amazing. I want to be like her when I grow up! I feel more confident to approach people.”
- “She kept us engaged throughout the class. It didn’t feel like 2/5 hours…[I got] techniques to talk to strangers.”
- “Friendly, fun, enjoyable.”
- “She’s very comfortable with meeting and & communicating with others. ..[I learned the importance of] taking time to remember even the smallest details about others really makes them feel good & helps build relationships.”
- “Outstanding teacher–and great presenter. Enthusiastic and gave great real world examples.”
- “She presents in an energetic, engaging manner–interesting, well organized.”
- “She is the best at helping us master small talk.”
- “Loved it! Lots of practical tips!”
- “Debra Fine is very confident & charismatic. She knows her subject matter.”