Saturday morning Barbara Bradley Haggerty presented a story on NPR about career changes in mid-life. Of course this story made me think of the many classes we offer at CFU that help people make the life changes they need or want to make and prepare for the next stages in their lives. I won’t be able to detail all of the classes, but want to highlight a few.
For people who feel stuck, we have classes that help you identify what holds you back and find a path forward:
- 7 Secrets to Get You Unstuck from the Muck: How to Live Deliciously! (#3224)
- Mindshift 101: Change Your Mind to Change Your Life (#5562)
- Skip the Crisis: Thriving Through Midlife (#4220)
- Become Your Own Life Coach (1953)
- Break Through Your Barriers to Success with NLP (#8961)
- Self-Awareness: The Key to Smarter, Choices, Stronger Relationships & a Better Life (#3001D)
If your career needs re-tooling, think about
Starting a business, either part- or full-time is the answer for some independent-minded people.
As you are building your business, get support with classes such as
- Achieve Your Business Goals: How to Manage New Projects in Your Small Business (#3379)
- Big Business Branding for Small Businesses: Strategies for Making Your Mark (#3208)
- How to Create a Business Plan that Works (#3272AP)
- and The 7 Cs of Leadership: Leading Through the Highs & Lows (#6612)
- For creative people, The Myth of the Starving Artist: 21 Ways to Turn Your Crafts into Cash (#3001D) is a must.
- And, of course you would want to take advantage of the wide array of social media marketing classes to get the tools to grow your business.
For people who are looking for new opportunities, CFU offers classes that help you explore a wide variety of opportunities:
- Exploring Mediation as a Career (#3343)
- How to Get a Federal Job (#3396)
- Make Money as a Mystery Shopping (#3328)
- Building a Social Media Manager Business (#3328)
- Home Business Gold-Mine (#6673X)
- Life Coaching as a Career (#1952),
- Do You Have a Volunteering Heart: Find the Right Fit for You to Give Back (#5563) to mention just a few.
As I think about it, just about all of the CFU classes give you skills or experiences that help you enrich your work and your life. Browse all of the classes here.
Join us in class to take control of your life!
Find the NPR story, “Care for a Career Change: These Stories are Proof It’s Never Too Late”here.
Helen Hand, Ph.D.