The spotlight’s on you in CFU’s acting and performing arts classes! Whether you are looking to get on stage or just want to improve your social skills, classes in acting and the performing arts are fun ways to nurture self-expression and make friends.
Here our our top five picks for spring:
1) Have you ever been told you have a “radio voice”? Maybe you are great at reading your children stories and animating the various characters with your voice? Find out how to turn these raw talents into career potential in Voice Over Intensive: Make Money in Voice Over starting on March 19 (4 weeks).
2) Starting March 23, 2014, join Bernie Cardell for the 6-week Beginning Acting & Scene Study in house at CFU. Bernie is a popular director and frequently directs with The John Hand Theater’s Spotlight Theater. Company. Students love this class!
3) If you’ve taken Bernie’s beginning class before—or if you are a somewhat experienced thespian, try Bernie Cardells’ Advanced Acting & Scene Study, also starting March 23, 2014 for 6 weeks.
4) Improv games aren’t just for actors and comedians. Improv is a terrific way to develop your social skills and self-confidence. Starting March 23, 2014, join Amy Angelilli for Improv for Everybody: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life! (4 weeks).
5) Starting April 1, 2014 (4 weeks): Beginning Acting for Stage AND Film, acting and voice coach Bill Smith teaches aspiring and more seasoned actors the ropes in his home studio. Bill taught acting at Cornell and is a well-respected local teacher.